Mandated Electrical Power Outages
The university is required to comply annually with Pepco’s high voltage testing and maintenance procedures. The Office of Facilities Maintenance and Operations makes every effort to schedule these annual outages during periods that will have the least impact on the daily operations of the university. The schedule below was developed after careful review of university calendars.
- Monday, Nov. 16, from 7 to 8:15 a.m.: Campuswide (except Centennial Village, Hannan Hall, Law School, Aquinas Hall, Fitness Center, Flather Hall, Ryan Hall, Regan Hall, Curley Court, Millenniums, Marist Hall, Marist Annex, Opus Hall, St. Vincent's Chapel and Pryzbyla Center)
- Wednesday, Nov. 18, from 7 to 8:15 a.m.: Campuswide (except Centennial Village, Hannan Hall, Law School, Aquinas Hall, Fitness Center, Flather Hall, Ryan Hall, Regan Hall, Curley Court, Millenniums, Marist Hall, Marist Annex, Opus Hall, St. Vincent's Chapel and Pryzbyla Center)
- Tuesday, Dec. 22, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Flather Hall, Ryan Hall, Regan Hall, St. Vincent's Chapel, Fitness Center and Health Center.
- Wednesday, Dec. 23, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.:Feeder #20, Gowan Hall, Nursing Biology Building, McCort-Ward Hall, Maloney Hall, Mullen Hall and Power Plant Boilers
7 a.m. to 10 a.m. only: Feeder #40, Cardinal Hall, McGivney Hall, Shahan Hall, Conaty Hall, Spalding Hall, Spellman Hall and Gibbons Hall
- Monday, Dec. 28, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Feeder #30, Power Plant 2nd floor, Crough Center, Pangborn Hall, McMahon Hall, Stucco Building and McCarthy Building
7 to 8 a.m.: Feeder #50, Leahy Hall, Caldwell Hall, Ward Hall, Curley Hall, Salve Regina Hall and Hartke Hall
- Tuesday, Dec. 29, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Feeder #50, Leahy Hall, Caldwell Hall, Ward Hall, Curley Hall, Salve Regina Hall and Hartke Theater
- Wednesday, Dec. 30, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Feeder #40, Cardinal Hall, McGivney Hall, Shahan Hall, Conaty Hall, Spalding Hall, Spellman Hall and Gibbons Hall
- Thursday, Dec. 31, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Hannan Hall, Centennial Village, Millenniums, Aquinas Hall, Marist Hall, Marist Annex, Law School, Pryzbyla Center, Opus Hall, Ryan Hall, Regan Hall, Flather Hall and Fitness Center
- Monday, Jan. 4, from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.: Aquinas Hall, Marist Hall and Marist Annex
For more information, call 202-319-5121.
CUA International Scholar of the Month Contest
CUA's Center for Global Education (CGE) would like to acknowledge students, staff or faculty members who have crossed borders to study abroad, teach or conduct research. CGE is sponsoring a monthly contest in which members of the CUA community will be recognized as international scholars who have taken the initiative to place CUA on the global map. To nominate someone who has made a global contribution via a cross-cultural experience, complete a brief application found at http://cge.cua.edu/news/ and e-mail it to email@example.com.
Winners will be featured on the CGE Web site as CUA International Scholars of the month and they will receive a gift of chocolate. For more information, call 202-319-5618 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lounge Furniture Available
The Environmental Health and Safety Office announces the sale of several types of lounge furniture and miscellaneous equipment that the university no longer needs. The university provides no guarantees or warranties on service or conditions of this equipment, which is available for viewing by appointment. All sales are first-come, first-serve. For more information, contact Andrew Wolf at 202-319-5602 or email@example.com.
Solar Installation, Parking Changes
Standard Solar Inc. of Gaithersburg, Md., will be staging equipment for Catholic University’s solar panel installations on Monday, Nov. 9, and Tuesday, Nov. 10. This process will include the use of two cranes to lift the solar panels and ancillary materials to the roofs of the Raymond A. Dufour (Athletic) Center and Aquinas, Gibbons and Flather halls. One crane will be positioned in front of each building during the staging process, affecting access and parking as follows:
- Aquinas Hall
No parking will be allowed on the access road from Marist Annex, to and including the rear parking lot of Aquinas Hall, from 8 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 8, through 5 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 10.
Access to the building’s main entrance will not be affected.
Access through the rear of the building will not be permitted during the time in which the crane is in use. The anticipated times are from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Nov. 9 and noon to 4 p.m. Nov. 10.
- DuFour Center
No parking will be allowed in the front driveway off John McCormack Road from 7 a.m. Nov. 9 through 5 p.m. Nov. 10.
The adjacent parking lot will be unaffected.
Access will be available at all entrances to the building.
- Flather Hall
No parking will be allowed in the parking lot between Flather and Regan halls from 7 a.m. Nov. 9 through 5 p.m. Nov. 10.
- Gibbons Hall
No parking will be allowed in the service road in front of the building from 7 a.m. Nov. 9 through 5 p.m. Nov. 10.
For more information, contact the Office of Facilities Maintenance and Operations at 202-319-5121 or CUA-FMO@cua.edu.
Back to Top