News from the Pryzbyla Center
Services continue in new locations in the Edward J. Pryzbyla University Center:
- Center for Academic Success/First Year Experience. Offices have expanded and are now located in Room 204. For more information, call 202-391-5655.
- Office of Campus Activities (student programs, organizations, leadership development). Bill Jonas, director. This office is now located in Room 107. For more information, call 202-319-6003.
- Associate Vice President for Campus Services Timothy Carney is now located in Room 211. Reporting to him: Office of Conferences and Pryzbyla Management (including event planning, scheduling). Amélie Brogden, director. That office is now located in Room 201. For more information, call 202-319-5291.
Pryzbyla Center End-of-Summer Hours
The Pryzbyla Center will operate as follows for the remainder of the summer:
- Monday through Friday, Aug. 17 to Aug. 21: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 22, through Wednesday, Aug. 26: 7 a.m. to midnight
- Thursday, Aug. 27: 6 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Friday, Aug. 28: 7 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 29: 7 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Normal operating hours begin on Aug. 30:
- Sunday through Thursday: 7 a.m. to midnight
- Friday and Saturday: 7 a.m. to 2 a.m.
For more information, visit http://pryzbyla.cua.edu or call 202-319-5291.
Catholic University's Official Facebook Page
Catholic University has launched its official Facebook page. It features updates on news, safety and events and helpful links for students, faculty and staff. Fans of the site will receive updates on information of interest to the CUA community shortly after they have been added to the CUA Web site.
To become a fan of CUA's official Facebook page, click here.
For more information, call the Office of Public Affairs at 202-319-5600.
2009-2010 Parking Permits
The Department of Public Safety announces that parking permits for the 2009-2010 academic year are available for purchase. The Campus Transportation Management and Identification Office accepts cash, credit and debit cards (MasterCard, Visa and Discover), checks and money orders. Full-time faculty and staff are encouraged to use payroll deduction for their vehicle registration, which offers a convenient alternative to a lump-sum payment. Part-time benefit-eligible employees who will be employed for a full academic semester are also encouraged to use payroll deduction. Faculty and staff registering for parking must appear in person and should be prepared to provide their personal contact information (name, address and telephone number) and vehicle information (license plate number, state of registration, make, model and year of the vehicle).
The Campus Transportation Management and Identification Office has temporarily relocated to the Pryzbyla Center, Room 321, to accommodate the number of people registering. The office will reopen on Monday Aug. 31, in its regular location at Leahy Hall, Room 121. A full schedule of hours and locations is available at http://publicsafety.cua.edu/vehicle.cfm. For more information, contact the Department of Public Safety, Campus Transportation Management and Identification Office, at 202-319-5113.
The Office of the Controller has provided guidance on eligibility for the purchase of parking permits using departmental funds. Fund managers who plan to utilize departmental funds to purchase parking permits should familiarize themselves with the new policy and form. For more information, visit http://treasurer.cua.edu/Controller/gen_actg/DeptParkingPmts.cfm.
Work-Study Supervisor Training
All work-study supervisors, new and returning, are required to attend training in order to hire work-study students.
Returning supervisor training will be held in the Pryzbla Center, Room 327, on Wednesday, Aug. 19, from 11 a.m. to noon.
New supervisor training will be held in the Pryzbyla Center, Room 327, on Thursday, Aug. 20, from 2 to 3:15 p.m.
For more information or to sign up for one required session, call the Office of Career Services at 202-319-5623. Those unable to attend the training at the announced times should call 202-319-5623 or e-mail email@example.com as soon as possible.
Weight Watchers at Work Program
Weight Watchers International invites faculty and staff to join a Weight Watchers at Work program to be held on campus beginning in August and ending mid-September. The program will teach participants how to make wise choices, eat healthy, enjoy food and exercise. The fee for this program is $84, payable in two installments. Meetings will be held at 1 p.m. each Wednesday. The sign-up for this session will be on Wednesday, Aug. 19, at 1 p.m in the Eugene I. Kane Student Health and Fitness Center. For more information, contact Marion Ficke at 202-319-5870 or firstname.lastname@example.org.