T-Shirts for Tanzania
Education Professor Thomas Long is still collecting T-shirts for refugee children in Tanzania. This project, which began in August, will continue through the end of this calendar year. He is also accepting athletic equipment. Call Long at 202-319-5809 to have new or gently used items picked up and forwarded to the Brothers of Charity in Kigoma, Tanzania, or drop them off at O’Boyle Hall, Room 222.
Celebrate Veterans Day All Week
The sophomore class will be selling camouflage wristbands for $1 in the lobby of the Pryzbyla Center Nov. 12-16, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. All proceeds will go to the Walter Reed Army Medical Center. The class will also be collecting letters at their table in the Pryzbyla Center to send to soldiers overseas. For more information regarding these events, e-mail Maureen Martin at email@example.com or Cynthia Eichele, program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit wounded soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center with members of the sophomore class on Wednesday, Nov. 14, from 2 to 3 p.m. Transportation is available, but a limited number of visitors is allowed. To sign up, e-mail Maureen Martin at 30MARTIM@cua.edu.
Mail Service on Veteran's Day
Postal services will be limited on Monday, Nov. 12, in observance of the Veterans Day Holiday. This is not a CUA holiday, but it is a federal holiday. There will be no regular mail delivery to homes or businesses, with the exception of Express Mail. There will be no retail window service, however the Student Package Room will be open as usual. Regular mail delivery will resume on Tuesday, Nov. 13. For more information, call CUA's Office of Postal Services at 202-319-5021.
Career Services "Open Office"
Students are invited to stop by the Office of Career Services on Monday, Nov. 12, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. to have their resumes critiqued before the Fall 2007 Part-Time Job and Internship Fair. For more information, call 202-319-5623.
Fall 2007 Part-Time Job and Internship Fair
Career services holds its annual Fall Part-time Job/Internship Fair on Tuesday, Nov. 13, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Pryzbyla Center, Great Room. Representatives of organizations from a wide range of fields will be available to discuss internships and part-time jobs for spring and summer 2008. A list of organizations is available at http://careers.cua.edu. Resumes are encouraged. For more information, call 202-319-5623.
Dining Services Thanksgiving Break Hours of Operation
Dining Services announces the following hours for Thanksgiving Break:
- Tuesday, Nov. 20, Law School Cafe — 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.; Starbucks — 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Student Restaurant — 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; The Loft C-Store — 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Food Court — 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 21, to Saturday, Nov. 24, all eateries closed.
- Sunday, Nov. 25, the Student Restaurant reopens at 5 p.m.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
After extensive research of CUA purchase card program expenditures, the Office of Purchasing noticed that an enormous amount of money was being spent at Staples stores and online. As a way to continue leveraging the procurement power of the university, the purchasing office has negotiated a partnership with Staples Business Advantage. This agreement offers Catholic University a 20 percent discount on retail prices.
Visit https://linkregistration.stapleslink.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/emailreg/emlcustomerreg?RegFormId=331457&storeId=10101&langId=-1 to register for a username and password. For more information, call Willandria Blount at 202-319-6401.
CUA Renegotiates Deer Park Water Contract
The Office of Purchasing has renewed the annual service contract with Deer Park Water with a 36-percent savings to the university. All product pricing will be guaranteed through October 2008.
Lease rates for bottled dispensers per unit:
Room Temperature/Cold: $3.99/month
Lease rates for hard-wired water dispensers:
Filtration Units Hot/Cold: $26.99
Filtration Units Room Temperature/Cold: $25.99
Bottled Water Pricing:
Five-Gallon Spring Water: $3.49
Five-Gallon Purified Drinking Water: $3.49
Half-Liter Bottle, 24-pack: $4.99
Note: The customer must maintain bottled water dispenser. This includes routine cleaning. If a unit becomes unserviceable, it will be swapped out immediately.
For more information, contact Norman Brown at 202-319-6538 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disability Awareness Training
The Office of Disability Support Services will host a brown bag lunch on Tuesday, Nov. 13, from 12:15 to 1:25 p.m. in the Pryzbyla Center, Room 327. The lunch is geared toward faculty, but open to the CUA community. Two more brown bag lunches will be offered during the spring semester.
Some of the topics that will be covered in the presentations include: Responsibilities of Disability Support Services, Students and Faculty; Working with Students with Disabilities; and Reasonable Accommodations vs. Over-Accommodation.
For more information, go to the disability support services Web site at http://disabilitysupport.cua.edu, or contact Lauren Colandreo at 202-319-5211 or by e-mail at Colandreo@cua.edu.
Year-End Power Outages
The Office of Facilities Maintenance and Operations announces that, while complying with Pepco’s high voltage testing and maintenance procedures, it has made every effort to schedule the university's annual outages during periods that will have the least impact on daily operations. The schedule below was developed after careful review of the university calendars and the electrical needs for the construction of Opus Hall. Thank you for your cooperation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Monday, Nov. 19, 8-9:15 a.m. Campuswide (except Centennial Village, Hannan, Law School, Aquinas, Fitness Center, Flather, Ryan, Regan, Curley Court, Millennium, Marist, Marist Annex and Pryzbyla Center)
- Wednesday, Nov. 21, 8-9:15 a.m., Campuswide (except Centennial Village, Hannan, Law School, Aquinas, Fitness Center, Flather, Ryan, Regan, Curley Court, Millennium, Marist, Marist Annex and Pryzbyla Center)
- Monday, Nov. 26, 6-9 a.m., Aquinas, Marist, Marist Annex
- Tuesday Dec. 17, 7 a.m.-3 p.m., Centennial Village
- Tuesday Dec. 17, at 7 a.m., to Thursday, Dec. 20, at 3 p.m., Feeder #10, Ryan, Regan, Flather, St. Vincent's and the Health and Fitness Center. Note: Feeder will be down in order to splice cables for Opus Hall.
- Sunday, Dec. 23, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., Aquinas, Marist and Marist Annex
- Wednesday, Dec. 26, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., Feeder #20, Gowan, Nursing-Biology, McCort-Ward, Maloney, Mullen and Power Plant boilers
7-10 a.m. only, Feeder #40, Pryzbyla Center, McGivney, Shahan, Conaty, Spalding and Spellman
- Thursday, Dec. 27, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., Feeder #30, Power Plant second floor, Crough, Pangborn, McMahon, Stucco, McCarthy, Feeder #50, Leahy, Caldwell, Ward, Curley, Salve Regina and Hartke
- Friday, Dec. 28, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., Hannan, Centennial Village, Millennium, Aquinas, Marist, Marist Annex, Law School, Pryzbyla Center and Opus Hall construction site
- Monday Dec. 31, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., Feeder #40, Pryzbyla Center, McGivney, Shahan, Conaty, Spalding and Spellman
For more information, contact the Office of Facilities Maintenance and Operations at 202-319-5121.Back to Top