After extensive research of CUA purchase card program expenditures, the Office of Purchasing noticed that an enormous amount of money was being spent at Staples stores and online. As a way to continue leveraging the procurement power of the university, the purchasing office has negotiated a partnership with Staples Business Advantage. This agreement offers Catholic University a 20 percent discount on retail prices.
Visit https://linkregistration.stapleslink.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/emailreg/emlcustomerreg?RegFormId=331457&storeId=10101&langId=-1 to register for a username and password. For more information, call Willandria Blount at 202-319-6401.
CUA Re-negotiates Deer Park Water Contract
The Office of Purchasing has renewed the annual service contract with Deer Park Water with a 36-percent savings to the university. All product pricing will be guaranteed through October 2008.
Lease rates for bottled dispensers per unit:
Room Temperature/Cold: $3.99/month
Lease rates for hard-wired water dispensers:
Filtration Units Hot/Cold: $26.99
Filtration Units Room Temperature/Cold: $25.99
Bottled Water Pricing:
Five-Gallon Spring Water: $3.49
Five-Gallon Purified Drinking Water: $3.49
Half-Liter Bottle, 24-pack: $4.99
Note: The customer must maintain bottled water dispenser. This includes routine cleaning. If a unit becomes unserviceable, it will be swapped out immediately.
For more information, contact Norman Brown at 202-319-6538 or email@example.com.
Disability Awareness Training
The Office of Disability Support Services will host a brown bag lunch on Tuesday, Nov. 13, from 12:15 to 1:25 p.m. in the Pryzbyla Center, Room 327. The lunch is geared toward faculty, but open to the CUA community. Two more brown bag lunches will be offered during the spring semester.
Some of the topics that will be covered in the presentations include: Responsibilities of Disability Support Services, Students and Faculty; Working with Students with Disabilities; and Reasonable Accommodations vs. Over-Accommodation.
For more information, go to the disability support services Web site at http://disabilitysupport.cua.edu, or contact Lauren Colandreo at 202-319-5211 or by e-mail at Colandreo@cua.edu.
Year-End Power Outages
The Office of Facilities Maintenance and Operations announces that, while complying with Pepco’s high voltage testing and maintenance procedures, it has made every effort to schedule the university's annual outages during periods that will have the least impact on daily operations. The schedule below was developed after careful review of the university calendars and the electrical needs for the construction of Opus Hall. Thank you for your cooperation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Monday, Nov. 19, 8-9:15 a.m. Campuswide (except Centennial Village, Hannan, Law School, Aquinas, Fitness Center, Flather, Ryan, Regan, Curley Court, Millennium, Marist, Marist Annex and Pryzbyla Center)
- Wednesday, Nov. 21, 8-9:15 a.m., Campuswide (except Centennial Village, Hannan, Law School, Aquinas, Fitness Center, Flather, Ryan, Regan, Curley Court, Millennium, Marist, Marist Annex and Pryzbyla Center)
- Monday, Nov. 26, 6-9 a.m., Aquinas, Marist, Marist Annex
- Monday Dec. 17, 7 a.m.-3 p.m., Centennial Village
- Tuesday Dec. 17, at 7 a.m., to Thursday, Dec. 20, at 3 p.m., Feeder #10, Ryan, Regan, Flather, St. Vincent's and the Health and Fitness Center. Note: Feeder will be down in order to splice cables for Opus Hall.
- Sunday, Dec. 23, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., Aquinas, Marist and Marist Annex
- Wednesday, Dec. 26, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., Feeder #20, Gowan, Nursing-Biology, McCort-Ward, Maloney, Mullen and Power Plant boilers
7-10 a.m. only, Feeder #40, Pryzbyla Center, McGivney, Shahan, Conaty, Spalding and Spellman
- Thursday, Dec. 27, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., Feeder #30, Power Plant second floor, Crough, Pangborn, McMahon, Stucco, McCarthy, Feeder #50, Leahy, Caldwell, Ward, Curley, Salve Regina and Hartke
- Friday, Dec. 28, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., Hannan, Centennial Village, Millennium, Aquinas, Marist, Marist Annex, Law School, Pryzbyla Center and Opus Hall construction site
- Monday Dec. 31, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., Feeder #40, Pryzbyla Center, McGivney, Shahan, Conaty, Spalding and Spellman
For more information, contact the Office of Facilities Maintenance and Operations at 202-319-5121.
Important Year-End Payroll and Human Resources InformationBack to Top
As the end of 2007 approaches, the Office of Payroll asks that all timesheets and leave reports be turned in by the due date. Note that no off-cycle checks will be disbursed for late timesheets, late hiring forms or retroactive pay. Timesheet deadlines for the rest of the year are: Nov. 14, Nov. 30 and Dec. 14 by noon. October leave reports are due Nov. 5, November leave reports are due Dec. 5.
Documentation for any employment activity or salary action must be submitted to the Office of Human Resources, signed by the cognizant vice president, at least 14 days prior to the effective date to allow time for the departments in the approval cycle to complete their review and return the forms to human resources. If unanticipated situations arise that may make it impossible to meet the deadline, please contact human resources as soon as you become aware of the situation.
Have you moved this year? The offices of payroll and human resources want you to receive your 2007 Form W-2 in a timely manner. If your home address has changed and you have not submitted the change to human resources, please update your home address by filling out the top half of the Employee Data Form and sending it via campus mail to human resources in Leahy Hall, Room 170, or via fax at 202-319-5802. The form is available at http://humanresources.cua.edu/forms/employeedata.doc. No additional signatures other than the employee’s are required for an address change.
Furniture Available for Office Use
The Office of University Center, Student Programs and Events announces that it has a limited number of lounge armchairs available to any CUA department or office. Interested parties should contact Brian Mount, associate director for operations, at 202-319-6327 or firstname.lastname@example.org. No CUA furniture or equipment may be acquired for personal purchase or use.
Be Inspired: Opus Prize Videos
Two videos highlighting the Opus Prize are available online at http://opusprize.cua.edu/. The videos were created by Dustin White, remote education technology coordinator. For more information about the prize, go to http://opusprize.cua.edu/about/faq.cfm.